Monday, April 17, 2006

A question of ethics?

The owner of the company currently work for is racist.

There's just no other way to say it.

Now in the islands, there's a bit more flexibility and tongue-in-cheek about race. In fact there is a very popular comedian that does entire bits dealing with race. But there is a significant difference between comedy and racism.

I don't think there way to use the word 'nigger' in a sales meeting and it not be racist.

I was flabbergasted... and I still am. At first, I thought it was an attempt a humor. A poor attempt, like most of his analogies. I was wrong. Over the last few months, he has made comments that confirm my belief. "The darker side of town"..

I am usually a rather understanding kind of person, but this is just stupidity backed by arrogance.

P38Pilot
Current meatspace coordinates:
N21 18'43.98' W158 01'06.29
Elevation: 12ft
(accurate to within 11ft)

No comments: