Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ready for a Challenge??


I love a challenge.
Sometimes, I bite off more than I can chew, and that's fine too. I would rather attempt something beyond my abilities and fail, than to sit idly by and sleepwalk through life.

I'm contemplating a challenge that most certainly is on the far side of a stretch for me, and that makes me want to do it all the more.

I will be out of the country for most of October, but November happens to be National Novel Writing Month. What the Hell is that, I can hear you mumble... well, it's an attempt to write 50,000 words in one month, hopefully a novel. The time constraint of attempting to do this in one month puts the focus on output, rather than quality. Funny enough, this type of constraint can be very helpful to overcoming barriers that we sometimes impose upon ourselves.

I'm still not sure that I'll be participating, but certainly the concept is enticing.

What say you? Wanna play?

For more info: http://www.nanowrimo.org/


Maarburg
Current meatspace coordinates:
Latitude = 35.1370, Longitude = -106.5889

No comments: