Thursday, March 16, 2006

Geek Mode.

One of the things I really liked about my last job was the ability to go into geek mode, and get paid for it. I'd spend a full day either writing code or researching something that I thought might help the biz. The mundane world would just fade away, and only the project at hand would, or could, be thought about. Now, I'm not a geek. More rather a geek wannabe. I have nither the skills nor experience to classify myself as a geek, though I do know the culture. So, when I say geek mode, I'm trying to convey a deeply satisfying and focused time. A happy time.

(Makes it even better that I was supposed to be working at my new job.)

Today I successfully installed, on my notebook:
Apache Web Server
PHP
MySQL
and an e-commerce engine.

Problem is, I gots no ones to share it with!

I'm the alpha geek in my world. (With the exception of some friends that I don't get to see F2F)

P38Pilot
Current meatspace coordinates:
N21 18'43.98' W158 01'06.29
Elevation: 12ft
(accurate to within 11ft)

No comments: