Wednesday, March 01, 2006

New Day

Ok.. so it's a new day. Big fragging whoop.
I loath my new job and that makes actually showing up a bit of a chore.

There are so many things missing, from what I think a company's structure should look like.
We lack simple things like an org chart or SOP manuals. For a company this complicated, they are a necessity. And they are totally absent. Leadership would be nice.

I learned a few things about the owner. He's never worked for someone else.
His father ran this company until his death in '96. He dropped out of college to take over.
This explains quite a bit about how things are run, or rather allowed to run, as there is certainly little direction be offered by The MGMT.

This also explains why the Monday morning meetings don't start until he shows up, sometimes over an hour after the scheduled time, and the use of words in which I'd not post in a public forum. Quite obviously, the use of the "N" word in a sales meeting is inappropriate.
Many have told me to record a meeting and turn him in....
Though that would be the 'right' thing to do, there are issues with me not having the ability to pay the mortgage shortly afterwards.

Side note: Thinking of going on a bit of a fast for Lent. Not that I've any inclination towards religion, but the timing seemed to fit my need for a change.


P38Pilot (Skillset Exportable)
Current meatspace coordinates:
N21 18'88.98' W158 01'52.29
Elevation: 78ft
(accurate to within 11ft)

No comments: